Sunday, May 28, 2006

Get Out and Be Life!




"When I saw you, I knew you wanted to cut a rug! Come on, let's go cut a rug!"

friday i went out. i went out with some really good friends and shared laughs and memories that will only belong to us. we called it road trip. even though it was just to cocoa. i went out. i know i keep repeating this but it means so much to me when i leave a house and breathe air that is knew to me.

on this adventure went dj sps, julie, rubox and myself. we were going to alias' cd release party. sps was performing as well as a few more nonsense artists (
www.nonsenserecords.com). so you know what that means! photo ops! on our arrival we encountered dj rod-1 spinning on the ones and twos. rippin' it as usual. he threw on some fugees followed by blackstar. at that moment i was invited out on the dancefloor with this crazydope man. it was good to dance. i havent dance in a long time. i laughed like a school girl. hiding my face with my hands and my camera as i took pics of the moment. his name was chris. i think he is alias' brother. he danced all night.

we waited all night for sps to get on, but when he did he took everyone back to a place where some either hadnt been or missed like a summer rain. swamburger, rubox and fellow b-boy uprocked, spinned and all the other stuff inbetween.

the ride home was the best. i almost busted a gut with rubox's unending jokes. we all sang 80's hits and eventually fell asleep.

now i must back it up to thursday (stardust) and wednesday (speakeasy @ will's pub). two words. BUDDY WAKEFIELD. j.bradley (
www.brokenspeech.com) said that if the sun came down to earth it would be buddy wakefield. the sun he definitely is. invited my friend rubox and he invited his friend from work and we were invited by buddy to listen to some awesome poetry. that man can do nothing but inspire you to write. go to his site. www.buddywakefield.com. strat should have been there.

wednesday was more awesome. packed room at speakeasy to hear buddy wakefield. my homeboy shawn welcome was there. as well as rubox. reunited myself with kendra corrie. it was poet heaven for me. sharing stories and jokes with people i hadnt seen in a while. curtis, ronin, and jarrod did jawdropping group pieces. im so glad i stayed to the end.

tuesday was the last day of school for the students. i got through the whole day without crying until the last child rode her bike to my crossing position. it was my favorite karma student, brina. face red and ready to shed tears. we hugged and i told her how amazing she was. i told her that i prayed for an amazing blessing on her life. everytime i saw her she was like my sun. i will miss my students. this was quite a year for us all. coach jones is gone and i wont be able to hear that amazing laugh. school is over.

monday's practice was dopeness to the tenth power. have i told you that im in love with my saxaphonists basil and my beatboxer/pianist/harmonica playing rubox? not that kind of love but the kind that one has that is wrapped up in respect and envy. that boy can play a sax. we wrote two new songs. one still needs lyrics but the other is called summer time love. i cooked for them and they played their hearts out for me. good exchange. we will do it again on monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home